It really is ok to ask, “What’s in it for me?” In fact, volunteering can be a great way to develop skills, learn more about career options, make friends, garner new professional contacts, develop your professional network, get exercise, spend time outdoors/with animals/with kids, or even just shake up your routine.
Yet, volunteers rarely speak of the benefits of volunteering to themselves – maybe it feels a bit too self-centered, or too far from the altruistic vision of the “selfless” volunteer. But who says that doing good and enjoying yourself while meeting your own personal/professional goals can’t happen at the same time? Part of finding the right volunteer opportunity is being honest about what you hope to learn and accomplish.
Call us or register for our volunteer database and find your win-win opportunity today!
- Learn new skills or brush up on old ones
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Work flexible hours
- Learn about the different base services
- Receive on-the-job training
- Fill resume gaps
- Receive references and letters of recommendation
- Network and build working relationships with individuals within your community
- Receive recognition for your volunteer work
- Invest in your community
- Fulfill community service obligations
For more information about MCLB Barstow Volunteer Opportunities or to register to be an MCLB Barstow Volunteer, click here: Camp Pendleton Volunteer Opportunities.
Please note that while the application form states MCB Camp Pendleton the database registration is for both locations. You must select which location you are registering for under the demographic information selections.