Lifestyle, Insights, Networking, Knowledge, and Skills, or L.I.N.K.S is the first step towards unit family readiness. Completion of a L.I.N.K.S. workshop helps to create a sense of community, improve family preparedness, and increase military retention. The positive results in attending a workshop for command families cannot be over emphasized.
L.I.N.K.S. is an orientation program designed to meet the needs of Marines and their family. The mission of L.I.N.K.S is to provide an introduction to the Marine Corps culture and lifestyle, thereby increasing participants’ ability to avoid problems, and allow them to become more self sufficient. L.I.N.K.S. also teaches participants about the many military and community resources and benefits available to them.
Things you can expect to learn
- Military acronyms and terms
- Officer and enlisted uniform differences and significance
- Recognition of ranks
- Information on deployment and separation
- Benefits and services available
- Explanation of military pay
- Basics of PCSing
- History of the Marine Corps