Effective February 1 through 30 June, Family Member Employment Assistance program Services offered in Bldg. 218 (McTureous Hall) will be temporary relocated to Bldg. 319 (MCX Administration Office)
The Family Member Employment Assistance Program assists active duty military family members as well as reservists, retirees and civilians, on space availability, to achieve their goals through employment, education or volunteerism. In 1985, Public Law 99-145 created the FMEAP. Section 806 of this act specifically addressed the need to increase employment opportunities for spouses. The military mobile lifestyle presents unique challenges to spouse employment due to frequent relocations. Additionally it is widely recognized that successful spouse employment assists in retaining the career active duty Service member.
- Resume Writing: learn types of resumes, essential contents, and most suitable format to present your accomplishments
- Job Interview Techniques: learn to interview effectively and confidently
- Know How to Prepare for an Interview: dress for success, what to say, what to ask, and employer’s commonly asked questions
- Federal Application Information: understand the complicated application process (including RESUMIX) and learn about Federal employment opportunities
- Staff Assisted Computerized Job Search
- Education and Training Resources Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- ADECCO Career Accelerator
How can the Family Member FMEAP services assist me?
- Learn about the current labor market, average salary, and wage trends in your area
- Know the right questions to ask the employer during the interview
- Highlight resume accomplishments and adapting to various styles those employers are seeking and/or what format may fit your situation
- Know effective negotiation techniques for salaries/wages and benefits
- Know know to fill the gap between periods of unemployment
How do I learn more about FMEAP?
Family members can contact their local FMEAP offices at their respective Marine Corps location. There are numerous effective family member programs available Corps-wide. FMEAP has many initiatives to help family members find employment after relocation with the active duty service members.
How can the FMEAP help me?
- Offers services to meet the employment assistance needs of family members
- Helps clearly identify goals and necessary steps to achieve them
- Provides job search guidance to focus on the important aspects of your job search plan
- Provides one-on-one employment assistance counseling
Can the FMEAP find me employment?
FMEAP is not an employment agency and does not make job placements. However, FMEAP provides a liaison/referral service to local and national employers.