Family Child Care (FCC) here at MCLB Barstow is a quality childcare option by professional, well-trained staff in a family home atmosphere. It is often the best option for children who need a smaller setting than a children’s center. Care is provided in a government housing or private home setting on a full-day, part-day, or hourly basis. Specialized care is available for children with special needs or children of parents that work non-traditional hours.
FCC staff are given comprehensive, extensive, and on-going training in numerous subject areas. FCC professionals and their family members undergo a series of background screenings, and there are regular in home monitoring by Child, Youth, and Teen staff members. Additionally, regular fire, safety, and health inspections of the home are completed by a trained professional.
What is unauthorized child care? Child care in quarters more than 10 hours a week.
What is authorized child care? Child care in quarters with a certified Family Child Care Provider.
To report unauthorized child care, please contact (760) 577-6287.
Reasons for Wanting to be an FCC Provider
- Maintain a happy home-away-from-home atmosphere for children who can’t be with their own parents during the day.
- Earn an income while staying at home with your own children.
- Help military and civilian parents who worry about having quality, reliable childcare.
- Create social experiences for your own children.
- Have a business and be your own boss.
As an FCC Provider, you are Assisted in the Following Ways
- You receive 30 initial hours of training, while also being given on-going training opportunities that is transferable to working at a Child Development Center.
- The FFC Toy and Resource Lending Library that gives you access to toys, equipment, and safety items.
- Mentorship with other FCC Providers.
- The ability to purchase liability insurance at an inexpensive group rate.
- Consistent policies and support programs throughout the Marine Corps, making an easy transition to another installation.
How to Become an FCC Provider
- Complete FCC Application
- Request for background information and investigation form
- Training fee of $35.00
- Submit college transcript or high school diploma
- Initial family interview
- Complete health checks
- Submit liability insurance
- Submit automobile insurance for FCC providers
- Complete initial training
- Complete home inspections
- Go before Quality Review Board
If you are interested in becoming an FCC Provider, please contact (760) 577-6287.
Using MilitaryChildCare.com, you can find comprehensive information on child care programs worldwide, conduct a customized search for the care you need, and submit a request for care at any time and from any locations. Follow these four steps!
1. Create an account. Go to MiliaryChildCare.com to create an account containing informaiton about your family, or to login using an existing username and password.
2. Search and request care. Search the system for the child care options that best fit your needs and submit your requests for care.
3. Manage my requests. You can manage your requests for care form anywhere in the world.
4. Update my profile. Keep your My Profile page up-to-date with important information.